21/03/21 – We will develop this page to help provide you with the best information possible to help you with your medical problems.
- Your Mind Matters – Resources & Services to help young people with emotional wellbeing & mental health support. Contains excellent links to relevant resources for young people and their family / carers.
- The Samaritans
If you’re having a difficult time or worried about someone else. 24/7 support via phone, email, letter, self-help app. Suicide awareness.
- Dialogue West Sussex
- YMCA Dialogue offers face-to-face and online support, as well as groupwork, for young people aged 11 to 18 in West Sussex. If self-harming is present a GP referral to Youth Emotional Support (also 11 to 18) would be more appropriate
- Sussex Mental Health Line
24/7 support line for those in Crisis 0800 0309 500
- Suicide Prevention App
Stay health with the Stay Alive App
- Papyrus UK
Helping young people under 35 who are contemplating suicide.
- Bereavement Support in West Sussex
- West Sussex MIND (Worthing page)
Lead provider of ‘Pathfinder’ an initiative to provide a single point of contact for all mental health support in West Sussex (a collaboration between the NHS and third sector)
Mental health support with 1:1, group sessions, workshops, peer mentors.
Specific service for young people (16 to 25), families with small children and a Staying Well service providing out of hours support to those at risk of a mental health Crisis.
- Time To Talk (Worthing)
Help with anxiety, depression, stress, confidence and managing a long-term health condition, with support including cognitive behavioral therapy and counselling.
- Social Prescribing
Need some local support and not sure which services (including ones listed here) is right? Then refer yourself to a ‘social prescriber’ who will listen to you and guide you to the best help.
- Asthma UK
Brilliant charity helping with asthma – link goes straight to inhaler technique page
- British Heart Foundation
LOTS of excellent resources relating to heart health, preventing strokes, understanding medications, blood pressure. Link goes to the “Heart Helpline” where you can chat to a cardiac nurse to answer questions on heart disease, stroke, dementia and diabetes.
- NHS Covid Recovery Website
Find out common symptoms that linger and what to do
- Worthing Wellbeing Hub
Free personalized or low cost local health MOTs, pre-diabetes classes, help with smoking, alcohol, falls, keeping fit, mental health support, thinking skills including qualifications, cooking courses, weight loss and lots more. Self-referral available for all services.
- NHS One You Health Check & Advice
Excellent resources for checking you physical and mental health, links to other resources, useful apps etc.
- West Sussex Sexual Health Services
Book appointments, have online consultations, order free condoms, order home tests for common STIs without ever having to even meet a doctor/nurse.
- Carers Support West Sussex
Free help including carer assessment, help accessing support, equipment, funding, registering as a carer, help with your wellbeing, respite.
- Age UK
Free advice, help maintaining independence and combat loneliness
- Alzheimer’s UK
Free advice, support and guidance e.g. navigating social care system for all forms of dementia
- Citizens Advice Worthing
Help with benefits, debts – and you don’t have to leave your home to get advice
- Cruse Bereavement Care
Free bereavement support for anyone (including children) bereaved by death in West Sussex
- DAWN (Drug and Alcohol Wellbeing Network) Worthing (over 25s)
Free and confidential help, including 1:1 support, weekly zoom sessions and more
- DAWN for under 25s
Includes support via WhatsApp if preferred
- Diabetes UK Learning Zone
Superb information and advice for those affected by diabetes.
- Physiotherapy self-referral (Worthing)
Muscle pain, joint pain, sport injuries, back and neck pain, sprains and strains. 18+
- Southdown Employment Support
Help securing paid-work, volunteering and training
- Sussex Recovery College
Educational courses that promote understanding and self-management of mental health conditions
- Living Well Course
Free 6-week course to support those living with a long-term health condition in West Sussex
- Sexual Health and Abortion Care (including self-referral) (from 1st July 2021)
- Sage Counselling – A home counselling service for adults with limited mobility