The Care Quality Commission will be inspecting the quality of care provided by Cornerways Surgery next week. As the care regulator, they have an extremely important role making sure health services such as our are operating in a safe and effective manner. We would be most grateful if you could take the time to provide them with feedback on your experience at our surgery. The link is:
We have paper copies in the surgery. Please do feedback and thank you for your help.
Dr. Romans, Dr. Sayers & The Cornerways Team
Our latest news is included below this post.
COVID 19 surgery precautions – click here for NHS guidance
- Wear a mask in the surgey unless exempt.
- The door is unlocked and you are free to come in during reception opening hours.
- Hand sanitiser available at reception.
- Try to keep socially distanced in the waiting room.
- Try to book by phone rather than walk-in.
- If you need any of the following facilities, please ask and we will help
- Accessible toilet.
- Baby change.
- Private area for breastfeeding (you are welcome to breastfeed anywhere).
- Confidential area to speak to a receptionist.
- Please feel free to bring a friend / relative / advocate / child with you – we want you to feel comfortable and supported.
Reception is closed to walk-in enquiries for lunch between 12 and 1pm.
An urgent enquiry line remains open until 6.30pm on weekdays (01903 247740).
After 6.30pm and before 8am call 111 for urgent, non-emergency help.
The Covid vaccination service we jointly manage at the Strand Surgery is now taking bookings via the “National Booking System”. Look for “Strand Medical”. For Spring boosters this will allow you (the over 75s) to book providing you are 3 months from your last dose. The recommended interval is 6 months, but 3-6 months is fine. 5-11 year olds can have an appointment booked this way too. We’re planning on delivering the housebound patients vaccinations ourselves in June, but feel free to use the Strand Medical if able.
Book via https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/book-coronavirus-vaccination/ or by calling 119. Dr. Romans & Dr. Sayers
We feel now is the right time to re-start our patient participation group. If you would like to work with us and represent patient views in improving the quality of service and care you receive, we’d be pleased to hear from you. Membership is open to all and the first meeting will be held Wednesday 27th April at 5pm in Cornerways Surgery with Dr. Romans. Please book a place by emailing email@example.com
The constitution and Terms of Reference can be viewed and downloaded on our website here: https://cornerwayssurgery.com/patient-participation-group/